Friday, April 9, 2010

Magnum Reversible Vest/Wrap

This is by far my most popular design to date. I think the simplicity coupled with the versatility make it so appealing. The versatility being for a larger collar and a shorter vest wear with the longer side up and for a smaller collar and longer vest wear with the shorter side up.

This takes @2.5 skeins of Cascade Magnum. A Ravelry pal of mine Ronda of Main St Yarn Shop told me her mom just used 2 skeins when making one. The 3rd would be used towards reinforcing the armholes. Or you could scale back the size and use the extra for the armholes.

Needles: #19 circular 29"
Gauge: 1.25sts = 1"
One size fits all though you can use the schematic in the pattern to easily make adjustments.

Available as a PDF download. $6.50


3 comments:

  1. hi I'm just about done this vest, I'm very excited to wear something I knit do u have any more patterns like this, the straight rectangle knitting its so easy and I'm not good at any other type of knitting
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one I would like in Crochet version?!! : )

    -kg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry, here's the link to the crochet version: http://www.knit1la.com/2010/04/magnum-reversible-vestwrap-crochet.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete